Children’s Orthodontics in Greensburg & Latrobe, PA
Healthy Smiles for a Lifetime Begin At an Early Age
Our expert orthodontist Dr. Mark DeMaria and our team agree with The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) who acknowledge the numerous benefits of children visiting an orthodontist in the earlier stages of their life. This is why it is recommended that your child’s first visit to the orthodontist be as early as age seven. Children’s orthodontics in Greensburg and Latrobe, PA, allows us to monitor your child’s growth patterns and focus on the proper time to employ braces or other orthodontic treatment.
Reasons for Early Treatment
- Identify and correct any developmental problems
- Check for subtle problems with jaw growth or emerging teeth while your child’s baby teeth are still present
- Prevent more serious orthodontic issues from developing further
- Help correct harmful oral habits, guide jaw growth, and guide permanent teeth into more favorable positions
- Give your child the best opportunity to have a happy, healthy smile
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing and/or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Your child continues sucking his or her thumb after age five
- Speech impediments
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that don’t come together in a normal manner or even at all
- Shifting of the jaw when your child opens or closes his or her mouth
- Crowded front teeth around age seven or eight
Benefits of Early Treatment
Receiving early treatment as a child can prevent the need for braces and orthodontics as an adult, reducing the chances of needing surgery to correct common conditions. Most parents who bring their child to our orthodontic offices for an early evaluation leave the office again happy to know that orthodontic treatment can wait – or won’t be needed at all. We firmly believe that early treatment should only be used when it is truly essential, and our orthodontist will not recommend braces for a child when simpler treatment can produce the same results.
As its name implies, Two-Phase Treatment is done in two phases. The first is when the child is young, around the age of eight or nine. The second comes sometime after the age of 11. This treatment can address severe problems, like underbite, without surgery.
Learn More About Children’s Orthodontics in Greensburg & Latrobe, PA
To experience our 5-star orthodontic treatment, schedule your Complimentary Dr. DeMaria Smile Assessment today by calling 724-537-5570 or clicking here for our convenient online form. Your appointment includes:
- Discuss Your Goals & Concerns
- Thorough Exam
- Smile Simulation & Digital X-Rays As Needed
- Discuss Custom Treatment Plan & Flexible Financing
- A $275 Value, Yours For FREE!
After your assessment, you have the option to start your treatment right away and can even walk out with same-day traditional braces! We look forward to helping you achieve your best smile!
As one of the premier orthodontic practices in Greensburg & Latrobe, PA, our doctor and team at DeMaria Family Orthodontics also provide 5-star orthodontic care to patients from Hempfield, Ligonier & the surrounding areas.